Monday, December 7, 2009

Kekwa Dance Practice


So this semester, with the help of a few people, there is a dance team that has been started named Kekwa. It focuses on incorporating Native American traditional dancing with hip-hop style of dancing. It is open to everyone who wants to join and I personally have a great time the times I have been to practice. I have only missed one practice, but there was nothing really covered that night so I did not miss anything. I am very excited about this dance team. Even though we are small right now, I hope that we will continue to grow. I have never danced any Native American style dances, and it has become also a learning process about the different styles of dancing and the meanings behind them. I cannot wait for us to get good and get a routine so that we can perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment